- 1.5 oz mezcal (preferably Silencio Espadin)
- 1 oz cold brew coffee concentrate (preferably Grady's New Orleans Style)
- 1/2 oz coffee liqueur (preferably St. George NOLA or Mr. Black preferred)
- 1/2 oz simple syrup*
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp wasabi paste (from a tube)
*To make simple syrup:
- In a jar with a lid, combine 1/2 cup hot water with 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Stir until sugar completely dissolves and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks
For this cocktail, I wanted to create a fun but unusual take on the classic Espresso Martini. I did this by pairing the savory horseradish spice you get from prepared wasabi with the chocolatey notes of coffee. The Mezcal’s smokiness is what ties it all together.
This is Sunday In Brooklyn original by Brian Evans, Partner & Director of Bars @ Sunday Hospitality.
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice for 8 to 10 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass served up. Garnish with 3 coffee beans on top of the foam.