Makes 1 cocktail
- 2 oz whiskey (Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey)
- 1 oz pomegranate juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds, for serving
- 1 each orange peel, for serving
- If you prefer to have a slightly drier old fashioned, substitute the bourbon whiskey for rye.
Place 3 ice cubes in a rocks glass and pour bourbon, pomegranate juice, simple syrup, and angostura bitters over the ice. Using a spoon, stir until well chilled, about 20 seconds (this will also start to slowly dilute the whiskey).
Hold orange peel over the glass and twist to release some of the natural oils from the peel (this will add a subtle citrus note to the cocktail). Drop the lemon peel into the glass for garnish. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds into the cocktail and enjoy!